For this post, I'd like to talk about my book. It is the autobiography of Malcolm X, who, if you didn't know, was pretty much the oppisite of Martin Luther King jr. in the sense of how to gain rights. Martin was pro peaceful rallies, Malcolm was all for sending in gorriella fighters to fight those who were trying to put themselves above a certain race of people. I like the book so far, Malcolm does an excellent job of stating the dead truth, he doesn't seem to exaggerate anything. Because of this, it makes the book better, because even though i've been learning about racism since elementary school, I keep learning new things because of how accurate I believe Malcolm to be.
This book also goes hand and hand with Black Boy. Both authors lose their fathers, one through death (Malcolm) the other through the negligence of duty (Richard). Both characters even move a ton throught the book, which adds to both stories, but can cause me to get who moved where messed up. These books even offer perspectives concerning different levels of wealth of blacks. Richard, who has been poor his whole life is always hungry, and Malcolm, who isn't rich but has always lived in an area where he gets enough to eat. This difference makes a huge difference in prospective. Malcolm goes to a mostly white school, which means he really isn't scared to whites, where as Richard has never really gone with whites to school, and is hesitant to associate with them. As these books have similar themes, but with different views by the characters, it offers enjoyment for me to read them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Reporting back-
The main character is not so much a murderer as forced to kill others for his and his families lives.
thats an interesting comparison between characters. I din't really know what Malcom X did either so thank for the info
Just saying hi...I guess.
I will not do my posting until the very last minute!!!!
Ha.
Post a Comment