Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Week seven post B

This post will compare and contrast the prior book I read Elephant Run and the current book I'm reading Person, Grace, and God. Frankly, I am amazed that these two books could be anything alike, for the books are of a different genre, so of course a different target audience. For example, Person, Grace, and God is targeting an audience of college students who have a few years of philosophy courses. Elephant Run on the other hand targets teenagers who are a year or two younger then myself. The major comparison both books have, is that they bring up subjects that are not often touched upon. In Elephant Run, the story took place during World War II in Burma, which for the western hemisphere rarely gets metioned when talking about that war. In Person, Grace, and God the author puts the defintion of personality into focus concerning theological terms. The major difference between the books is how much they differ in reading level. Elephant Run is made to target early teens, Person, Grace, and God targets and audience of a college level, which causes the vocabulary to much more difficult.

No comments: