Do to the fact that I finished the book last week, I will go back through the book and pickout and clues that would foreshadow the ending of the book.
1."I'd like that," Nick said, but he still had no intention on going"(92). This is a key foreshadow that I missed because throughout the begining of the book, Nick is constantly reminded that his stubborness will get him in trouble. Well in this case, Nick is going to be transported to India because the Japanese are going to invade the part of Burma he is currently in. He winds up captured, and is forced to stay in Burma for about 8 months.
2."He'll be fine as long as we don't run into a tiger along the way"(231). This quote refers to Hannibal, a fierce elephant that can only be controled by Hilltop, a mysterious monk. I over looked this quote and others metioning Hannibal's utter hate of Tigers, which plays a crucial part in the end of the book because Hannibal winds up saving Nick because he attacks this Japanese jeep covered in Tiger hide.
3."In Burmese, Kya Lei meant Tiger's Breath. An odd name, even for a Burman, Nick thought"(240). This quote I didn't miss exactly, and I predicted that Kya Lei would be key to the ending of the book (I metioned how in my previous posts), but I remeber when I first read this, I ignored it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment