Tuesday, December 18, 2007
week six post B
This post I would like to compare this book to the Golden Compass, another teenage fiction book. Surprisingly, their is a huge reading level difference between the two. For example, the Golden Compass depicts the monstrous nature of the church (in the book, the church is monstrous) by, if your familiar with the story, the jarring of demon's of little children. The worst scene in Elephant run, is that of the slight description of decaying corpses. Another huge difference between the two books is the theme development. Other than the foreshadowing presented in Elephant run, little to none analysis was required to understand the rest of the book. However, if you wanted to grasp the whole picture in the Golden Compass, you needed to analysis carefully, because many themes were hinted on. A similarity however, is the vocabulary used. It isn't very difficult to read each book, for the vocab isn't very intense, but of course, it is a step up from elementary school reading, but not by much. I remember reading the Golden Compass in fifth grade, I didn't exactly catch all the deep themes in the book, but I defiantly enjoyed the most obvious plot line. Elephant run was even easier to read because of the less condensed font and the very easy to follow plot line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment