Monday, February 4, 2008

Zeus- a "Good Old Fashion Lover Boy"

The reason why I picked Zeus out of all the characters we have met so far is because of how he has effected the story indirectly rather then directly. He has done this by having affairs with women. Odysseus would not be considered as powerful and his ego wouldn't be as big, which is the thing that got him stranded for 9 years and got his crew killed. Athena, the one person really keeping Odysseus alive was born out of an affair Zeus had, so had Zeus remained true to Hera, this story would already be over. The reason I picked the song is because it is about a boy loving multiple women and I thought Zeus fit that perfectly. Bascially the whole song could be used to describe Zeus because the person it is about is not defined, however, a line really relates to Zeus.
"I'd like for you and I to go romancing, Say the word - your wish is my command" This displays Zeus's opinion about love and since he is leader of the gods, he can grant any wish.

No comments: