Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Post B week 7
This post will be a reflection of how I thought the book went as a whole. I really enjoyed reading this book for multiple reasons, but of course I didn't like a few things as well. The parts of the book I enjoyed reading about the most was those that described Robin's childhood. You never hear about these and I found them really interesting- especially the parts about how Robin was originally a noble born boy, which is ironic because he later steals from them. Another part I really enjoyed about the book was how clean the book was in the sense of no sexual innuendos and no swearing. Perhaps this reflects the culture of those in medieval society-I don't know- but if it is I'm very surprised because of how hanging was very typical. The last part I really like about the book was the part that Robin wasn't invincible. Sure, he learns how to use the bow extremely well incredibly quickly, but its not like he knew everything about archery at birth. Also, the fact that Robin is defeated on multiple occasions suggests that defeat wasn't dishonorable as long as you admitted it. Which is very different from most legends about hero's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment