Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Post B week five

I am going to talk about the first part of the book in general for this post. We all have heard of the legendary archer, Robin Hood, and how he stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Well, I didn't know anything about his childhood until I read this book, which is very interesting because it gives all the background you need to know in order to fill the gaps in the story line. The thing I find most interesting about Robin's childhood is how before Robin, there was another bandit leader who lived in Sherwood Forest, named Will'o the Green. He is basically the model that Robin bases himself off of, however, Robin is bascially a better version of Will in eveyway. For example, he knows how to read and write where as Will does not. Also, Robin is already equalled in bowmenship with Will at the age of 15, with barely any practice. The other very interesting thing I find differeing from what I expected was that Robin was a law abiding citizen until his father's post as ranger was not passed on to him.

No comments: