Tuesday, March 4, 2008
post B quarter three week four
It seems that the war isn't going to start for the next few chapters yet because it went from German, to French, to British perspective. The next chapter is called the "Russian steam roller" which undoubtly is about the Russian perspective on the war. But despite the every looming war just out of reach, the book is proving extremely interesting. For example, I never quite understood how everyone got involved in this war. I knew Britain, France, and Russia where all fighting Germany, however I didn't know that Britain was orginally neutral. They were to take the side of however broke the treaty of going through Belgium, so had that been France, Germany would have gotten backing. The other thing I find interesting is how winston churchill was orginally in a lower ranking government position, even though his leading mind was so aparent and even being used.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment