Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Post B quarter three week six
This post is going to be about how some leaders in World War I believed that war wasn't a big deal, that with new technology that lead to greater weapons would barely effect how many people would die. It is so foolish to think that because well... this war was a disaster in the sense that people underestimated everything from the time frame to how deadly and horrible the war was going to be. I don't blame those who didn't know that chemical warfare would happen because how would you have known what Germany had up its sleeves? The thing that gets me though is how on earth did they believe the war would only last 2 weeks! Some major battles have lasted that long and that was between two nations only. This was between 7 nations at the minimum on multiple fronts with every nation prepared for combat. No nation was taken by surprise when war was finally declared, but people believed that the war would only take a week or two. Such uncompetence that I can not fathom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment